Miss the background on what the Love Your Hood Challenge is all about? Check it out here.
No one has everything. But everyone has something! This month we’re challenging you to share what you do have with your neighbors!
Challenge No. 005:
Share what you have.
Whether it’s time, a talent, or even some extra cash, make a point of sharing something you have with your neighbors. Feeling like none of those are feasible to give right now? Start with a smile or a kind word. Even just those two things can go a long way in making someone’s day a bit brighter!
Ideas to get you going:
- Share a talent. Are you good at home repair projects? Fixing bikes? Painting? IT issues? Making a delicious home-cooked meal? Offer one of these to a neighbor that could benefit.
- Share your time. Know a neighbor that could use some company? What about another parent that could use a little break from their kids? A couple that just moved in that doesn’t know anyone yet? Challenge yourself to reach out to them and spend some time together.
- Share your stuff. Have a shed full of garden tools? Have books others might enjoy reading? Have 8,000,000 LEGO pieces a neighbor’s kid might like to play with? How about a cup of sugar? Allow what you’ve been blessed with to bless those around you.
- Share your cash. Anyone around you having a rough time with some extra or unknown expenses?
Share Your Experience
We’d love to see how you rocked this challenge! Snap a photo (or take a video) of you taking on challenge no. 005! Then:
Don’t have a Google account? Not a problem. Email your name, your photo or video, and what you did for this challenge to jen @ loveyourhood.com.
Follow us on Instagram to get inspired by others and allow us to formally recognize you for a job well done!
See official rules for more details.
Enter the Challenge + Get inspired
Upload a photo or video to show us how you’re taking on challenge no. 011!
Miss a challenge? Not a problem! It’s not too late to complete them and enter for a chance to win the grand prize.
- No. 001 – Know Your Neighbor
- No. 002 – Shovel Some Snow
- No. 003 – Be the Village
- No. 004 – Clean the Streets
Need a neighbor grid and challenge checklist?