Who Alex Helps
Alex utilizes his accounting skills to support our team and always strives to grow in accuracy and efficiency. His logical, analytical mindset helps to process the billing and payments for our tenants, ensuring they have an excellent experience with Love Your Hood.
Q + A with Alex
We sat down with Alex to find out what makes him tick:
- What about your work excites you?
- Accounting is my passion. I want to use it to help Love Your Hood and our tenants be successful. I'm always looking for ways to improve our processes and make sure we're providing the best possible service to our community of tenants and clients.
- How do you Love Your Hood?
- I love volunteering as a youth sports coach in Denver. I believe sports are a great avenue to teach kids about some bigger lessons in life. For me, the most rewarding part is seeing a kid not only have fun, but implement those lessons into other parts of their lives.
- How do you keep your fire going?
- My friends and family are so important to me. When I need to recharge, I turn to them. Whether it's playing a game of pick-up basketball, going to a brewery or getting together for a barebecue, I know they'll always recharge my batteries and remind me of what's important.
- Where are you in your picture and why are you there?
- I'm at the Milk Market. I chose that location because of its central art piece--that piece describes a city as a group of individuals, all on different roads connected through the love of their home and their desire to make it a better place. The Dairy Block is a perfect representation of that, because it's grown from a normal alleyway that was shown some love, to a special place where Denver can come together. It's become an amazing spot to meet up with my friends and family to relax and have a great time.
- If you weren't doing what you are today, what other job would you have?
- I would be a teacher! I love working with kids.
- What “lesson from mom” do you still live by today?
- To be positive and kind. There is already so much negativity in the world, we don't need to add to it!
Alex is a proud Colorado native. Having graduated from Metro State University of Denver with his degree in accounting, it was there he fell in love with the city and knew he wanted to work somewhere that shared his passion for Denver. Alex loves his job as one of our property accountants because it touches on every aspect of the real estate business.