Who Austin Helps
Austin builds relationships with our tenants and provides the background support they need to feel at home and achieve business success.
Q + A with Austin
We sat down with Austin to find out what makes him tick:
- What about your work excites you?
- I love the ability to stand up from my desk and work on something new every day!
- How do you Love Your Hood?
- I love my hood by supporting the local businesses in LoHi, walk or run through my neighborhood: initiating friendly interaction with my neighbors and cleaning up messes when I notice them to keep our neighborhood beautiful. I’m beyond stoked to begin serving my Greater Denver community at the Food Bank of the Rocky’s next month.
- How do you keep your fire going?
- I keep my fire going by keeping physically and mentally active: skiing, trail running, and pursuing entrepreneurial endeavors with inspiring people.
- Where are you in your picture and why are you there?
- I am standing on the Highlands Bridge, which I run across almost every day. I always stop for a few seconds to watch the cars rush under my feet on I-25. Watching the traffic from reminds me to keep moving forward, and doing so from the bridge above reminds me to remain grounded in my values.
- If you weren't doing what you are today, what other job would you have?
- EMT or a nurse. About 70% of my family works in the medical field, and they never cease to motivate me.
- What's your guilty pleasure?
- McDoubles. I don’t even want to guess how many I have had over my lifetime…
The mountains were calling to Austin from age 12, and after visiting year after year to ski, bike, camp, and Jeep all over beautiful Colorado, he moved to Denver for good. Raised in cheesehead state, he studied real estate, urban land economics, and entrepreneurship at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Austin worked in property management throughout college, then in various roles from manufacturing to food tech and renewable energy before finding Love Your Hood. Inspired by Love Your Hood’s drive to build up their community through their work, Austin became the team’s assistant property manager.
Committed to building relationships and supporting local businesses; Austin is proud to call Love Your Hood his home.
Who Austin Supports
Some of Austin's favorite organizations to support. Check 'em out!