Who Carolina Helps
In short, Carolina helps our clients with payments and deposits. But she loves making accounting processes more streamlined and organized so we can knock the socks off our clients with great customer service.
Q + A with Carolina
We sat down with Carolina to find out what makes her tick:
- What about your work excites you?
- I am passionate about being part of a great team and bringing structure to my work. I like to optimize systems and make them as efficient as possible. A huge bonus of working at Love Your Hood is bringing community together; something that doesn’t happen often enough in today’s world.
- How do you Love Your Hood?
- I like helping young families in my community. My husband and I both know how hard it is to be new parents; we had so much support from friends and family when we had our son LJ. I heard that it takes a village to raise a child, and I want to be part of that village and help in anyway I can. Currently, we have four families with newborns in our neighborhood. Since I enjoy cooking, I like bringing meals to them and also helping with their older siblings.
- How do you keep your fire going?
- My morning routine is pretty important to me. I like to wake up and have a moment to meditate and pray then I get up and go for a quick run around my park near by Harvard Gulch. After I get some fresh air, I come back energized and get ready for my day.
- If you weren't doing what you are today, what other job would you have?
- I would like to be the owner of small B+B in Nicaragua. It’s where I’m from and a beautiful country!
- What is a lesson from mom that you still live by today?
- My mom’s favorite saying is, “family comes first.” I don’t think I truly understood this statement until recently. There are so many priorities in life and it’s important to make your family the first priority, after God of course.
Originally from Managua, Nicaragua, Carolina graduated with a bachelors in business administration from Universidad Americana and started her career as an academic coordinator at Lincoln Academy. She worked closely with teachers, students, and parents, and expanded her planning and leadership skills. Before landing in Denver, Carolina made a pit stop in Bulle, Switzerland to earn an MBA at Glion Higher Institute of Education.
A management internship with Denver South Marriott Hotel brought her to the great state of Colorado. It was the start of one of her greatest adventures: making Denver her home! She continued on her journey by joining the team at Sports Authority (#RIP) and worked her way up to the logistics department. From hospitality and project management, to financial reporting and using analytical tools, Carolina says all of her experiences have prepared her for being Love Your Hood’s AR/AP specialist.
When she isn’t busy crunching numbers, Carolina is a woman on the go! Whether she’s heading out for a run, chasing around her adorable son, or tackling home renovation projects with her husband, there’s always a fun energy that surrounds her. From selling beautiful Nicaraguan silver at trade shows, to teaching her son Spanish, to throwing festive Nicaraguan Nights with all the fixings for her friends, Carolina is passionate about sharing her native culture with those around her.