Who Karena Helps
Karena is the first point of contact for tenants, office managers, and small business owners who rent residential and commercial space. Lights out? Call Karena. Electricity out? Call Karena. Having a rough customer day? Call Karena, she’ll put a smile on your face!
Q + A with Karena
We sat down with Karena to find out what makes her tick:
- What about your work excites you?
- I’m excited by helping people have a great day. A lot of people are experiencing struggles no one knows about. If I can make just the most simple inconvenience of your day disappear, I’m helping to keep you in a happy place. Both mentally and physically!
- How do you Love Your Hood?
- Before I moved away from Denver, I lived in Stapleton. Now that I’m back and in the same neighborhood years later, it’s quite a pleasure turning corners and being taken down memory lane. I love my hood because it’s where I grew up. I love my hood by looking out for others. If everyone in the neighborhood is taking care of their neighbor, then everyone is being taking care of. I will let someone know if their car lights were left on, I’ll pick up trash if I see it. I make it a point to make eye contact and pet the dogs as they walk by. Living in Stapleton gives me the chance to connect with a lot of families who care about the same thing, each other and our community.
- How do you keep your fire going?
- I keep my fire going by setting goals and conquering them. First things first, 5:30am wake up call every morning for cardio. I start the day off by getting my heart rate up and maintain that all day - especially in my field of work! It also gets my mind going so that I can focus. Once I set goals, it’s full speed ahead in a strategic, methodical manner to get ‘er done.
- Where are you in your picture and why are you there?
- I’m standing outside of the YMCA in downtown Denver. I’m really fortunate to be able to support this particular location. This historic Denver organization was established, and has been in the same place, since 1875! I love fitness and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Instead of joining a large, more popular gym to do my workouts, I choose to work out and participate at the YMCA. My daughters attended the Y that was across the street from my home for summer breaks. They got to participate in swimming classes, soccer, dodgeball, painting, and were given healthy snacks. I was so thankful for the volunteers, teachers, and affordable costs; and I’m thankful today now that I am able to volunteer and give back to the same organization that helped me.
- If you weren't doing what you are today, what other job would you have?
- If I wasn’t an awesome property manager, I would own an obstacle fitness gym! To be able to workout all day, everyday with like-minded gym fanatics, and own the facility? It would be like a dream come true.
- What's something on your bucket list?
- One thing on my bucket list is to visit Rome. I want to see the Roman Colosseum with my own eyes. Yes, I love the movie Gladiator!
- What's the most unusual thing on your desk?
- A hot wheel! It’s a royal blue ’67 Camaro. My dream muscle car. One day...
Karena is a Colorado native, and has recently relocated back to Denver after different experiences across the country. Having worked in residential property management for the last six years, among wearing other industry hats, Karena has zeroed in on real estate. With the time and experience she has in property management, and how easily she builds new relationships, Karena is in the perfect position to help manage new businesses that are popping up in the Denver metro area.
Who Karena Supports
Some of Karena's favorite organizations to support. Check 'em out!