Who Celeste Helps
Celeste helps people find a home that fits the entirety of their life: the demands, the things they do for fun, the priorities, and the lifestyle. She knows that any house can technically do the trick, but she’s dedicated to finding the one that feels like their own. Celeste also helps people whose homes no longer fit their life and are looking to make a change.
Q + A with Celeste
We sat down with Celeste to find out what makes her tick:
- What about your work excites you?
- I love the home search process so much that after we bought our home (that we love), I still kept looking! I get excited that I get to guide people through the process of finding a home they’ll love!
- How do you Love Your Hood?
- I keep it local - in Denver (and wherever I find home to be for the weekend)! I love finding small, local joints, especially when I have a chance to share it with friends and family. Spending time with my neighbors, getting to know grocery clerks, being able to recommend spots to check out - it just feels special, like you belong.
- How do you keep your fire going?
- I’ve always sought change to find inspiration: staying open to new opportunities and finding new paths. Lately, I’m learning to take chances and live without reservation. I’m an introvert, so I feel at peace when I’m working solo in the yard or with Pete on a hike, but I couldn’t live without friends and family!
- Where are you in your picture and why are you there?
- I’m on the Coyote Song Trail at South Platte Park. A year before we bought our house, this area wasn’t even on our radar! Then, that fortuitous day came when we drove down 470 for the first time to pick up our dog at the sitter’s and saw it. The following weekend, we took a long, peaceful hike at Deer Creek Canyon. You could say the rest is history! We just knew we were home in these epic Colorado surroundings... moving this way was the next logical step!
- If you weren't doing what you are today, what other job would you have?
- I would landscape. Anything to be outdoors! I get so much satisfaction starting with a pile of dirt and creating a beautiful scene. I kill more than I keep alive, but it's still so much fun!
- What “lesson from mom” do you still live by today?
- It's a grandma lesson, but I learned to keep picking myself back up. Even if it takes a while to notice you've fallen… or if you're not sure if you've fallen, pick yourself up.
Celeste is a small town, Sicilian girl. Originally from Chardon, Ohio, she was born and raised in the same house, with the same neighbors her entire life, engraining a strong sense of community.
In 2008, she needed to escape the grey misery that overtakes Ohio most of the year. So Celeste packed up her sauce recipe, her husband (Matt, aka Pete), and dog (Farful) and moved to Denver. They had full intentions to eventually leave Colorado and move to a coast… or an island. But, they woke up one morning in July 2012 and decided to officially put down roots in Colorado. When a decision is that easy, you know it’s right!
Celeste’s career has taken, shall we say, the scenic route? She started at age 14 making doughnuts and dabbled the years in retail. She began college in high school and earned a BSBA at John Carroll University followed by her Cosmetology License. She never worked behind the chair, but did manage hair salons and educated on stage, when the mood struck. She was a project manager and worked pre-employment background screening (three roles, two states, six years apart) before her current roles as non-profit board member and freelance content marketer.
At the age of 35, she pondered, “What should I do when I grow up?”
Real estate was another easy decision. Organizational skills - check! Fun with numbers and fine details - check! Lifestyle match - check! Working with people you love and respect - check! Help someone else make Colorado home - BIG CHECK!
When she’s not kicking it real-estate-style along the front range, you’ll find her at breweries and local restaurants, hiking just about every day, gardening, cooking, traveling, writing, painting, and just plain old enjoying life!
Who Celeste Supports
Celeste's favorite organization to support. Check it out!