Who Mark Helps
Mark works in almost every aspect of real estate so he helps buyers, sellers, tenants, landlords for both commercial and residential…you name it and Mark probably does it. (Or he knows someone that does!)
Working with clients is part of his day, but Mark also keeps Love Your Hood running smoothly to forward the mission of connecting people to place.
What Clients Have to Say
While we don’t measure success by the number of homes we sell, you might want to know that we’re actually good at what we do. Find out what clients have to say about Mark and the homes he’s helped them buy and sell.
"10/10 will recommend and buy with again! Even navigating the crazy market of 2021 was a pleasant experience with this group. They were thoughtful, informative, responsive, and kind throughout the entire journey. We felt we were well taken care of throughout the process and no question on our end was too small to be responded to in a timely manner."
"Mark made us feel like we were his top priority throughout the entire process, every home buying experience should be that easy and enjoyable!"
"Mark was wonderful, from start to finish. Very professional, yet very 'real'. Extremely responsive and made the buying process seamless for me. There are many realtors out there, but you can be sure you'll be in good hands and have a great experience with Mark and his firm."
"Mark seemed very trustworthy and knowledgeable, and was all around easy to work with and very responsive. I liked that I didn’t feel pressured into anything, but learned that owning was feasible."
"Mark is a true professional, extremely knowledgeable and ethical. Great to work with and always available to his clients! He's extremely knowledgeable of the downtown Denver market. He made selling our home, and buying a new one seamless. He serves his clients well!"
Q + A with Mark
We sat down with Mark to find out what makes him tick:
- What about your work excites you?
- I love solving problems. The really big problems that come up where everyone is scratching their heads and looking at each other thinking, “I have no idea.” This is a reason why I also love the complexity of contracts and negotiating them well.
- How do you Love Your Hood?
- We’re deeply rooted in Five Points. Not only do we work here, but we also live here (we even got married in our backyard). Since then, I’ve served as Old San Rafael Neighborhood Organization’s president for five years. During that time, I organized a couple of block parties that morphed into all-day music festivals, complete with food trucks #gobigorgohome. My family and I love to jump in on volunteer days and also enjoy getting to know our neighbors. We recently redid our front porch and added rocking chairs to intentionally spend more time out front meeting people!
- How do you keep your fire going?
- Building community through stronger relationships keeps me going. The more tied in you are to a community the better that community is. Our family enjoys being actively involved in our church. I also get re-energized when I play pick-up basketball with a regular group of guys at the rec center down the street a few times a week.
- Where are you in your picture and why are you there?
- I’m in front of Coors field. I grew up in West Virginia and started playing baseball when I was six years old. We didn’t have a professional team to cheer on in our state, so it was exciting that the Rockies were only two blocks away when we lived in a loft across from Union Station for a few years. We’ve had season tickets to the Rockies since 2009 and have enjoyed our time watching games (and getting to share our tickets with other friends and clients). The best was getting to see Ryan Spilborghs walk-off homer against the Giants in 2009!
- If you weren't doing what you are today, what other job would you have?
- Bartender at an ocean front resort. You know, the one on the beach that gets to wear flip flops and board shorts!
- What's your guilty pleasure?
- Ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream!
Mark’s first love was flying. After graduating from Embry-Riddle, he started his career as a commercial pilot. This brought him to live in eight different states before landing in Denver in 2008.
A love for the mountains and snowboarding brought Mark and Jen together in 2008, when they were part of a group ski condo. Three years later, they got married and wanted to start a business that allowed Mark to stay closer to home. (And thankfully this happened or he likely would’ve missed the birth of their children since they were born on Christmas Day and New Years Day; holidays he typically had to work).
Not wanting to start just any business, the couple reflected on their combined experiences and passions. They explored a few different business ideas but kept coming back to the same thing: real estate. Mark’s passion for real estate grew after his first experience in the market in 2003 when he built his first custom home. He has purchased and managed several rental properties, was general contractor on a vacation home, managed a summer vacation rental, and purchased and is continuing to renovate an 1890’s Italianate Victorian.
After five years in business, Mark and Jen wanted to make their work in real estate more meaningful. They wanted to tie their personal vision of improving community in their neighborhood with their work. In 2016, Mark was given the opportunity to join the Denver Leadership Circle, a group of influential leaders seeking the shalom of the city through their work. The experience confirmed their vision and ignited Mark with a greater passion to work for the good of the city through not just their personal pursuits, but also through their business.
Who Mark Supports
Some of Mark's favorite organizations to support. Check 'em out!